Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chocolate Friands: Quickly and easy snack for chocoholic!

Small piece of chocolate is enough to make your afternoon brighter. But the chocolate will be more interesting when transform it in to something more delicious. 



 But I'm not in the mood of making anything complicated, I just want something quick and yummy, ^ ^. Due to the fact that I have a lot of egg white in the fridge, so the recipe, that use egg white will be great too. So, the searching for the right recipe began, well, it's not so long because I found it in the first book that I reached my hand to, haha. 
The recipe come from , the small book, that full of delicious idea, and most of all full of chocolate,^ ^.
This friand is very easy to make, the only thing that you need to do is mix all the ingredients, and it's done. I add a bit of texture by sprinkle the diced almond on the mold (but if you use the muffin pan, sprinkle the almond on top instead of the bottom).
With the recipe that's so quick and easy to make, "What are you waiting for?" Let's go to the kitchen with me and I promise you will have a great snack in  a very very short time.^ ^







Chocolate friands
Make 16 (4.5x7x2.5 molds)


110g ................................. Almond meal
250g ................................. Icing sugar, sifted
75g .................................... All purpose flour, sifted
30g .................................... Cocoa powder, sifted
½ tsp ................................ Baking powder
5 ......................................... Egg white
200g .................................. Butter, melted
............................................ Diced almond, for sprinkle on top of the friands

Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F)
If using metal tins, brush the tins with butter.
(Because I use the silicone one, so I don't have to grease the molds, and I sprinkle the almond in the molds).


Place the almond meal, icing, sugar, flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl and stir to combine.


Add egg whites and stir to combine. Add butter and stir to combine.


Spoon the mixture into tins and bake for 15-20 minutes or until springy to touch.


Chocolate Friands: Quickly and easy snack for chocoholic!

1 comment:

  1. i sprinkled almonds on top and bottom of the cake, so to intensify the almond flavour ^^. I reckon this cake is best served when warm.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...