Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy Cooking with LG SolarDOM: Hazelnut meringue cake with fresh berries

 I spend most of my time baking and cooking, because it makes me happy ^^, and I know that many people are the same as me.

 Playing with the recipe, the equipment, everything in the kitchen, well it's my playground. I still have a lot to do with my LG SolarDOM, actually I didn't use all the function yet. This recipe I play with convection oven function,  but because it comes with fan, the heat will circulate better and the cake can be drier, so when using fan-assist oven like this one it's better to reduce the temperature for 10-20°C depends on the recipe.
Baking with LG SolarDOM is easy, ^^, select  the convection bottom, set the temperature and now, it's ready, I'm impressed that the temperature of the oven is stable all the time (I tested by placing the oven thermometer in the oven for 30 minutes), the oven need about 10-15 minutes to come to the preset temperature it's quite quick for the electric oven.
 For this recipe, it's very easy too, just whipping the yolks, mix with finely grounded toasted hazelnut, then fold the meringue into the mixture, and you don't have to be afraid of the sinking of the cake, because it's meant to be sink, hehe. 
 You can serve this as a gluten free cake, because there is no flour in the ingredient list, soft cake with load of whipped cream and fruits, you can be sure that it's delicious. 

*Note: if using conventional oven use 180°C


Hazelnut meringue cake with fresh berries
Makes 18cm cake


115g ............................... Hazelnuts, toasted
3 ...................................... Egg, separated
100g ............................... Granulated sugar

Sweetenned whipped cream
180g ............................... Whipping cream
15g ................................. Icing sugar

Topping
........................................ Icing sugar, for sprinkle on top of the cake
250g .............................. Fresh mixed berries

Line 18cm cake pan with baking paper

Preheat the oven to 170°C by selecting the convection bottom, set the temperature and the time.


 Put the hazelnut into the food processor bowl and process until fine.
 Beat the egg yolks with 70g of sugar until pale and thick, fold the hazelnut into the egg yolk mixture.
Whip the egg whites with the rest of the sugar (30g) until firm peaks formed, and fold into the egg yolk and nut mixture.
 Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top of the cake is firm to touch.
Let the cake cool completely in the pan, the center will sink.


When you're ready to serve:
Make the sweetened whipped cream by whipping the whipping cream with icing sugar.
Sprinkle the top of the cake with icing sugar, pour the sweetened whipped cream into the center of the cake, and decorate with fresh berries.



Happy Cooking with LG SolarDOM: 
Hazelnut meringue cake with fresh berries

9 comments:

  1. a good recipe for me, simple ingrediant and simple step.
    by the wat, hazelnut need toast how long and the temperature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's fantatic...come & visit me whenever you want, it would be a pleasure for me
    www.dolcementeinventando.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, may I know what is your food processor's brand and model? It seems like yours can grind the nuts well. I'm currently looking for food processor that can grind or process nuts (almond, hazelnut, pistachio, etc) into ground nuts, for making cakes or macarons. I've set my eyes on Braun Multiquick M1070 6-in-1 that combines a hand mixer with a mini food processor, which I believe is the right size for me, and it looks convenient with various functions including chopping, shredding, etc, and it also incorporates an immersion hand stick blender. But I can't seem to find it in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, L'Amour Pâtisserie
    You can toast it at 180C for 8-10 minutes.

    Hi, Ale
    Thank you.

    Hi, Anonymous

    I use Ronic brand from France.
    This model http://www.ronic.fr/e_bigo.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I am looking for a sponge cake recipe : ovent temp and how long do I bake it for! Found some Solar Dom recipes no temp and time indications! Thanks Santana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Santana
    When I bake sponge I use 165C, for baking time for sheet cake is about 14-16 minutes. For round cake it will depend on the size of the cake, mostly it close to the one with convention oven.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Santana
    When I bake sponge I use 165C, for baking time for sheet cake is about 14-16 minutes. For round cake it will depend on the size of the cake, mostly it close to the one with convention oven.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds nice, thanks for posting up this recipe for us.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...