Sunday, September 6, 2015

Hasselback Potato with Pancetta and cheese

 For a long time that I try to cook something complicated, made demi-glace sauce from scratch (it took 3 days to make, haha) and etc. that's the time I believed that cooking the best food didn't mean simple.
But as I grown-up (hehe, may I use this word), I realised, it's not the most complicated or  time consuming food that I love, but simple and comforted are what I want. So my cooking style changed, I do a lot of foods that need less working time, but give me peace of mind instead ^^. Like this time, it takes an hour to make but most of it is baking time, just 10-15 minutes for preparing. Hasselback Potato is a baked sliced potato, but this time I add Pancetta and cheese to give it more flavour and comforting taste. You can use bacon instead of Pancetta if you want, but don't forget to cut it into a small piece before using.



Hasselback Potato with Pancetta and cheese 
Serve 4 



800g ........................................ Potatoes (about 2 large or 4 small )
2 cloves ................................... Garlic, thinly sliced
4 -5 slices ................................  Thinly sliced Pancetta, cut into small pieces
1tsp .......................................... Dried thyme
3 tbsp ....................................... Olive oil
120g ......................................... Mozzarella cheese
.................................................. Salt, and pepper, to taste

Preheat an oven to 220C


Scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry.
Cut slits into the potato, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato. 
Space the slices apart. 
 Pour 1 tbsp of olive oil into a pan, or baking tray.
Place the sliced potatoes in a pan and pour the rest of the oil over the potatoes.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.


Remove the pan from the oven, put the pancetta and garlic into the potatoes.


Sprinkle with thyme and mozzarella cheese and bake for 15 minutes more.
Serve hot with more salt and pepper if you like.



Hasselback Potato with Pancetta and cheese 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 3 days to make demi-glaze sauce??? I don't think I'll ever have the patience for that. I agree with you, once in a while it's okay to prepare those time-consuming food, but most of the time I just want simple and comforting ones! This hasselback potatoes is definitely not a hassle to make!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...