Monday, September 28, 2015

Pork belly stir fried rice: I love one bowl dish

 I think I found my style of cooking, ^^. Anything that make me feel good are what I want to cook. 
It doesn't need a lot of work or ingredients, just something simple and yes, delicious. One bowl dish is my favourite, it's easy to make and easy to eat too. I fall in love with pork belly lately (haha, it's real, because when I was young(er) I afraid to eat it). It's delicious and very versatile. You can make many kinds of dish with this cut of pork.
I use it in many dishes and still want to use it more. This time, I use it in a stir fried rice (I love stir fried rice, it's my comfort food, hehe). Start by cooking the pork belly to remove some fat and use the rest of the fat for frying, if you're Chinese like me you will know cooking with pork fat is very delicious. Don't be tempted to cook them too much or it will be too tough, you need fat to make thing yummy, believe me.
I can eat raw egg without any problem but if it's not your style, serve it with boiled egg or fried egg is a good choice too. 



 Pork belly stir fried rice
Serve 2 


150-200g ........................ Pork belly, finely slice and cut into small pieces
1 tsp ............................... Finely chopped garlic
2tbsp ............................... Shoyu (Japanese soy sauce)
1tbsp ............................... Granulated sugar
1tbsp ............................... Mirin
1tbsp ............................... Sake (Japanese rice wine)
1-2tbsp ............................ Water (A)
1/4tsp .............................. Corn starch
1tbsp ............................... Water (B)
......................................... Cooked rice for 2 people 
......................................... Salt and pepper, to taste
To serve
......................................... Toasted sesame seeds
......................................... Japanese onion or spring onion, 
2 ...................................... Egg yolks or Onsen eggs


Mix the shoyu, sugar, mirin, sake and water (A) together, and set aside.
Mix the corn starch with water (B), and set aside.


 Put the pork belly into the pan with 1tbsp of water, and place the pan over medium-low heat.


 Cook until the fat from the pork belly come out slightly (don't heat them too much or they will be dry), pour the excess oil out of the pan, keep just enough to stir fry the rice. And put the chopped garlic into the pan, cook it slightly. 


 Put the cooked rice into the pan, and pour the shoyu mixture into the pan.
Stir fry until they fully combine.


 Pour the corn starch mixture into the pan.


Stir until combine, adjust the taste with salt.

To serve
Put the stir fried rice into a bowl, sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the rice.
Put the onion over the rice and place the yolk over the onion.
Sprinkle with the pepper before serving.



Pork belly stir fried rice: I love one bowl dish 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...